Parish Office Administrator
The Parish Office Administrator provides administrative support to the clergy, directors, managers and programs of the parish. The Parish Office Administrator is supervised and reports directly to the Communications Manager and Business Manager, and is employed at the discretion of the Rector.
- Update and oversee the data bases (Raisers Edge and Constant Contact): input data weekly, run reports, lists and labels.
- Assist in fundraising events.
- Assist in program events.
- Handle department filing, as needed.
- Order supplies – must be approved by business manager.
- Support communication with and for the Vestry, including circulating material prior to each meeting.
- Maintain office equipment (copy machines, postage meter) and schedule routine maintenance.
- Handle shipping of products bought through St. Luke’s website (cd’s, books).
- Maintain Master Calendar and Choir Calendar; coordinate with school and Music Department to keep current.
- Point of contact for space rentals: screen potential contracts and provide basic information, coordinate with Facilities Department.
- Oversee concert space rentals: screen, draft contracts, coordinate setup and rental details, verify payments.
- Assist in billing: input invoices into Quickbooks, review receipts for credit card accounts, other assignments as required.
- Prepare weekly church bulletins for service, including copying.
- Prepare and distribute liturgical rota as directed by the clergy.
- Prepare and maintain columbarium records as directed by the Business Manager.
- Flower memorials: annual solicitation, receive requests, calendar, inform flower guild, note in bulletin.
- Receive and direct pastoral requests and inquiries from parishioners and the public.
- Prepare baptismal certificates as directed by the clergy.
- Intercessions: receive information on births, deaths, memorials and include in bulletin.
- Refer pastoral care requests to appropriate clergy.
- Process and track applications for lay licenses.
Ministries and Programs
- Coordinate and calendar daily functions and meetings.
- Update and maintain outside poster boxes.
- Send out newcomer packet.
- Music Dept. assistance – copying, mailing, etc.
- Coordinate and produce Annual Report.
Communications and Records
- Greet visitors in person.
- Maintain stock of informational materials in the church and parish house.
- Maintain and secure administrative records and files.
- Maintain records of: weddings, baptisms, parishioner transfers, order of services, etc.
- Respond to requests for information and gather resources and information as requested.
- Deal with telephone inquiries, recorded messages, sending/receiving faxes, general emails, etc.
- Update parish database and generate directory reports and labels on a periodic basis.
- Produce and oversee parish mailings.
- Prepare Vestry minutes for archival storage.
- Distribute mail as received.
- Take telephone messages as needed.
- Engage and oversee temporary office help and volunteers as needed.
- Maintain postage meter with adequate postage. Coordinate with all staff to anticipate needs.
- Assist Business Office with IT and Telephone issues as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge; experience with Quickbooks and E360 preferred; experience with Rite Brain, Rite Song a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- At least five years’ experience preferred
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and wellness package.
It is the policy of The Church of St. Luke In The Fields to recruit, hire, train, and promote lay employees without discrimination because of race, religion, gender, disability, age, marital status and sexual orientation.
To apply for this position please email cover letter and cover letter to