The Communications Assistant works directly with the Communications Manager to produce live stream services and events, create marketing materials, maintain social media accounts, manage community events on the block, and maintain the church website. This position works closely with the clergy, Parish Office Administrator and Archivist to ensure that content is in line with the church’s mission.
The church live streams services and events through Vimeo Premium, and uses Hootsuite for social media management. The Communications Assistant will be responsible for the following content creation:
- Livestreams and pre-recorded services and events (operating cameras, sound system, lighting).
- Social media posts (Vimeo, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook).
- Informational videos for use on social media and website.
- Bicentennial monthly podcast.
- Weekly e-newsletter (MailChimp) and occasional eblasts.
- Photo-document various church events (may require working evenings and weekends).
- Maintain audio/video equipment; coordinate with vendors and repair/update as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of community events (open houses, choir concerts, parish socials).
- Create and maintain events on Eventbrite (registration and payments).
- Assist, as needed, in annual campaigns (Stewardship, Annual Meeting).
- Assist in the creation and production of print newsletters, service bulletins, concert programs, office stationery and posters (Adobe Suite).
- Assist in the maintenance of church website and choir online store (Shopify).
- Work with IT consultants to maintain office hardware and software.
- Point of contact for basic troubleshooting.
- Moderate/troubleshoot Zoom meetings as needed.
- At least three years’ experience in live streaming, video production and photography required. Experience working for a church or house of worship a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, social media, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Eventbrite and Shopify.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy.
- Experience in web design preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team player, who can adapt to changing situations with creativity and grace. Live streaming is a new area for the church, and we are still in the discovery process. The Communications Assistant will be a vital part of creating sustainable policies and quality content. This is a full time position that requires working on Sundays and occasional evenings.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and wellness package.
It is the policy of The Church of St. Luke In The Fields to recruit, hire, train, and promote lay employees without discrimination because of race, religion, gender, disability, age, marital status and sexual orientation.